Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sum it up Sunday....Apple Bread

Well to sum up my weekend its been pretty good. We had alot of fun.. it got cold here all the sudden. Friday found us out for ice cream cones and playing at the park... but Saturday was hoodie weather..and today it time for a cup of hot cocoa. I woke up this morning and got started on a few household chores... laundry and cleaning up from last night. Weekends always do that.. They are lots of fun but they destroy the house. I started a loaf of apple bread so the kiddos would have something to munch on today....and now tonight I am making something I have never done before. Have you seen Dorito Casserole? Sounds horrible... and it may very well be.. but it is what my husband picked out after I rattled off things I could do with some of the left over cooked chicken.  Jury is still out. I found a few recipes and then I kinda of winged it with other ingredients..because I can't follow a recipe to save my life...or so my husband says...lol. Here is my recipe for Apple Bread... Try it out. The family loves it. See you later this week darlings.. Since I have absolutely no plans to try and kill myself with a big project again... freezer cooking in small doses is about all this preggo chick can handle.
 




Apple Bread

1 1/2 cups flour
 3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
 1/2 cup melted butter

1/4 cup applesauce
 2 eggs
 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups peeled and chopped apples


Preheat your oven to 350. Spray a 9 by 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Combine the flour baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Stir with a whisk till equally combined. Add in the butter, applesauce eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Fold in your apples and any add ins*. Scrape the batter into your pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

*good add ins are 1/2 cup of raisins or a 1/2 cup or chopped pecans.

P.S. Isn't that bread pretty... lets keep it real here... the reason you only get to see one side of the loaf... my 3 year old helped himself to a hunk while it was cooling..lol Check out the links below where you can find my bread recipe and lots of other cool links...


Sew Can Do-Craftastic Monday

Project Inspire-Just Something I whipped up

You are Talking too Much-Meet Me Monday

Or So She Says-Great Ideas

DIY Home Sweet Home-MMM #80

Sumo's Sweet Stuff-Market Yourself Monday

Mom's Crazy Cooking-This weeks craving

Adventures of a DIY Mom-Terrific Tuesday

Home Stories A to Z-Tutorials and Tips

Not just a Housewife-Show me what you got!

Family Food and Travel-Wonderful Food Wednesday

Sew Much Ado-We did it Wednesday!

Southern Lovely-Show and Share

Someday Crafts-Whatever Goes Wednesday

Creations by Kara-Look What I made!








2 comments:

  1. This bread looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at ‘Or so she says…’. I would love to have you back again to share even more of your great ideas. There’s a link party kicking off in the morning (every Sat. through Tues.) Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting.. I follow your blog and will try to link up my next new recipe.. Sorry it took so long to respond... I got lost in Mommyland there for a minute...

      Delete