Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Me, Myself and I:October

I got a new reader today and I hoped over to her page to check her out and get to know her. I do that will all you guys. Her first post was a set of questions that she answered. I thought it was great because it helped me get to know her. Since the only thing yal know are the bits and pieces of what I posted on my first-ever blog post I thought I would do it to...and maybe give yal the chance to know me a little better...you know without having to read an entire autobiography.. I followed her link back to the original and will post my link to their page so here goes.

1. What is your favorite season?



 
 
Without any hesitation I can say Fall. I wait for it all year long. I love the cooler temps... I live in the South and I understand as a woman we aren't supposed to sweat... so I glisten...alot...lol. I love the changing color of the leaves. I am looking outside my windows right now and my green Maples are kissed with orange and yellow. Everywhere you go there is a kaleidoscope of colors. We went up in the mountains the other day and stopped at an overlook... It looked like Mother Nature had laid out her most beautiful quilt. Reds, oranges, browns, yellows and green took my breath away. There is a magic in the air...almost a breathable sparkle that is only there at this time of year. This is my time of year... Summer kills me... The Fall breaths me back to life.
 
 
2. Talk about a moment that changed your life.






 
 
I could tell you a thousand moments that changed my life..that shaped who I am today.. but I will tell you about the biggest. When I was 17 years old I was diagnosed with AML Leukemia. I was given 2 weeks to live... because at the time that they found my cancer I was 39 percent cancer cells instead of blood. No one past 18 percent had ever lived. I was offered an experimental chemo that they hoped would give me an additional month. I took that chemo at the insistence of my Uncle Bron. He was the only one who could talk be into it. After the first round of chemo they could no longer find the cancer in my blood. In the end I took 7 rounds of chemo over the course of a year and a half almost. Each round of chemo had 2-4 drugs in it and lasted anywhere from 5-7 days. I almost died several times during treatment. I am now 31 years old. The doctors begrudgingly gave me the title of remission after the cancer never came back after the first chemo treatment...but I had to follow the protocol laid out and take all the additional rounds. It has remained in remission and I pray that it does so.. I pray everyday that it does so... So the moment that changed my life.. I became a cancer warrior!
 
 
If you could be any crayola crayon color, what would you be and why?
 
 
 
 
I would be midnight blue... because I am a night owl. Midnight is my morning. You know how everyone waits for sunrise.. Well I appreciate a beautiful sunrise.. but my heart sings underneath the moonlight. A full moon in a dark sky with diamonds sparkling around it will always be my time. I force myself to go to bed when my inner clock says stay up...no matter how early I get up midnight will always be my time!
 
 
4.Describe yourself as a Superhero: Superpower? Name? Sidekick?
 
 
 
Hmm I thought about this one alot...because its a good question. The truth is I probably would not make a very good superhero... I know myself to well. I probably wouldn't save anyone... because my kids need saving every 5 minutes and I am occupied enough with them. If I could fly it wouldn't do anyone any good.. I am afraid of heights.. and even if I could fly have you seen Ironman? The military tried to shoot him out of the sky.. and that would be my luck. If I was psychic enough I would totally be on a lottery number mission. So in short I don't think that I would ever be cut out to be a traditional Superhero... However I do think there is one that I could absolutely pull off.
 


5.If you had all the money in the world but could only shop at 3 stores, where would you shop?
 
 
Super Target
 
Micheal's
 
Kroger
 
I have a confession it may get me kicked out of the girls club. I don't like to hardcore shop. I like to cook and craft and sew. I like to go to antique stores and flea markets.. but as for hitting the mall...ummm no thanks..
 
 
Now if you enjoyed this head over to My Beautiful Crazy Life

 




6 comments:

  1. Hey passing by from the MMI link list, I think almost everyone chose Fall (I'm a winter lover) but if the leaves actually changed colors in Florida like they do elsewhere, I would choose Fall. Great post :)

    Jackellyn @ In the waiting line
    {jackellynsq.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to love Winter as much as I love Fall... it runs a close second now... but my thyroid messed up and now I get COLD... so winter is less of a friend than Fall..but much more welcome than Summer!

      Delete
  2. If I had all the money...I would shop Anthropologie, Ikea and flea markets/thrift stores, lol! Crazy story about your cancer. I have a friend who survived a childhood cancer (she is in her mid 50s now) and throughout her life has had other rare illnesses, accidents and survived a house fire. I call her the luckiest person alive because none of these things has killed her yet!
    I am your newest follower from Blissful and Domestic. I hope you'll take a peek at mine and follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know maybe thats the way it goes with Cancer because I am only 31 but seriously if something weird medically can happen or accidents... I am the one its going to happen to... I am the statistic..lol! Thanks for following I will be glad to hop over to yours and follow!

      Delete
  3. Just visiting as a fellow guest on Danielle's Sunday Blog Hop. Do so agree that it's nice to find out about fellow bloggers, although I find it interesting to guess from their blogs, too!

    Congratulations on winning your cancer fight! Long may it continue! Love the Fall, but don't like the Winters that normally follow!

    (My late husband was diagnosed with Lukaemia in the 1960's, when chemo was just being tried out. He too was given masses of medicine (they had'nt worked out the doses then). He died in May this year - in his 72nd year - of a pulmonary embolism! So, keep up the good fight!

    Did enjoy finding out about you, so will be following you, but meanwhile am inviting you to visit me at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com. Maybe we could all get to know each other, especially if you Follow and comment. We'd all be delighted to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... I would love to come visit your blog.

      Delete